Ardmore Group is seeking a Logistics Manager for one of our latest Project in Acton
As a tier 1 Main Contractor we are looking for an experienced Logistics manager that wants to progress and achieve excellence in their trade.
The role of the logistics manager is to take responsibility for all aspects of the logistics supply chain, stores management, development and optimization of site logistics solutions to meet the needs of the project. The logistics manager will be required to manage the movement of people, goods and equipment at the construction site and control site facilities management.
The logistics manager should ensure that the construction team is fully aware of logistics activities in support of the build program. Embrace a delivery-focused culture and organise resources to enable contract deadlines to be achieved.
The Project Manager
Key interfaces that the logistics manager must ensure early engagement with are: the project planner; the commercial managers procuring the works, the health and safety manager and the senior construction manager on the site.
Security / Gate Staff, Stores, Crane team (lifting supervisor, slinger/signalers, and crane drivers), Appointed Person (AP), Hoist Operators and Logistics and welfare Operatives
- Produce an overall logistics plan and strategy for the project / site for presentation to the senior management team within 1 weeks of employment. The plan will outline the principles of site layout, storage, first in/ first out, managing high value materials / fragile items, dealing with deliveries and priorities, large delivery vehicles and couriers, ensuring all delivered items are properly tracked and stored in allocated bays, management of traffic movements into site, within site and departing site, site security, safety and the ever-changing environment of a busy construction site. The strategy is to be clear, well thought-out and concise.
- You will produce a detailed logistics plan within 3 weeks of employment detailing the specifics to properly and professionally manage the entire logistics operation on site under various headings to include but not limited to site planning, delivery process, storage, controlling materials, security, traffic management, managing paperwork, commercial aspects, logistics communications, etc. The detail should include training methods for your traffic management personnel, training sheets, security procedures, instructions for delivery companies, the procedure for booking in deliveries, site storage plans with segregation areas for high value items, signage methodology across the entire site, etc.
- You will have the necessary knowledge, qualifications and experience to manage traffic in accordance with local authority requirements;
- You will regularly train, manage, monitor and spot check your traffic management personnel, continuously improving the techniques and methods used to ensure both site operatives and the public are safe at all times during the construction phase.
- You will liaise with the operations team / subcontractors daily, understanding their delivery / collection requirements and will manage the process to best suit the needs of the project in an efficient, effective and helpful manner. You will feed the project with materials using your initiative and skills to limit the impact on the works and will take direction from the senior construction management and Project Management to deal with high level priorities.
- You will organise, manage, present a daily logistics meeting over a 30 min slot to understand the forward looking requirements for the logistics meeting, raise issues and share your knowledge of changes on site to the overall logistics plan, walk ways, access routes, deliveries, crane movements, etc to a select group of managers and supervisors. You will run the meeting effectively and efficiently having prepared a short presentation and thereafter updating your notice board. You will offer alternative access solutions to those working in areas which have had to be blocked for logistical reasons.
- You will ensure that planned deliveries are accepted making every effort for those who fail to arrive on time due to traffic delays on the highways. You will also work with unplanned deliveries to assist in all possible ways to receive the materials to site unless otherwise advised.
- Liaise with the supply chain for plant and materials - you will order plant and material through the Ardmore process, following up / chasing as necessary to ensure delays to the project are minimized and to ensure that you and your team can work safely, efficiently and diligently;
- You will manage the site stores, putting in place an effective and efficient system for receiving and issuing materials, ensuring that all goods delivered to site are received in, checked and processed, separating high value item / items which may attract interest to be stored appropriately and released in a control fashion to minimize loss and theft.
- You will oversee the security team on site, planning their daily activities, meet and greet procedure, sign in process, safe guard system route mapping, CCTV location changes, etc. You will offer daily guidance however security will report to the Project Director.
- You will work well under pressure, make calculated decisions and offer advice and assistance to your management team to assist the project programme.
- Set targets for deliveries to and from site daily, always looking for methods to improve the process.
- You will put in pla
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'