Job Description for Vacancy No: 240772T
Consultant: Tim Bees
Company Profile: Our client has been a manufacturer of diesel engines and power solutions for over 75 years, to the highest levels of performance and reliability. They have grown to become one of the leading suppliers of diesel and gas engines in the power solutions market.
Job Location: Staffordshire
Job Position: Logistics Manager
Job Status: Permanent
Skills / Qualifications/
- Previous Manufacturing Logistics Experience
- Leadership experience of hourly and salaried staff
- A college degree or equivalent work experience is required for this position.
- Good interpersonal skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department.
- Requires a thorough working knowledge of Lean processes and tools, manufacturing operations, general knowledge of related areas
Responsibilities: Principle Activities include:
- Direct management and development of a team of 15 support employees including section managers, team leaders, office administration and Inventory auditors.
- Manage the Facility Inventory count process in accordance with Caterpillar Corporate requirements and lead various initiatives to improve process conformance to deliver Inventory Accuracy improvements.
- Collection, validation and reporting of all Logistics metrics to Logistics and Management
- Implement and manage improvement activities related to 5S, Health and Safety and Built in Quality
- Manage and drive Lean improvements across the Logistics operation including:
- Drive a Continuous Improvement process, ensuring new ideas are generated, worked and implemented, and any roadblocks are eliminated.
- Drives root cause analysis and resolution on all forms of loss, i.e., safety, quality, production.
- Deputise for Logistics Node Manager as required
This position is responsible for process improvement within the Logistics function, coordinating with support departments where applicable.
Assisting the Logistics Node Manager with budget and manpower planning requirements, various cost savings projects, and ensuring quality standards are maintained.
Salary: £43,000.00 - £50,000.00 (D.O.E)
- 25 days annual leave,
- 12% bonus,
- Childcare vouchers,
- Contributory pension scheme,
- Contributory share scheme
Relocation Support: Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"