Up to £25K
9.00am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday
An exciting opportunity for a Logistics Manager to join this expanding company based in Castleford. Working alongside the General Manager you will be responsible for warehouse, third party warehousing, carriers, logistics, operations and stock control.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- UK Warehouse - Manage staff, operations, stock control and ensure smooth operations.
- Third Party Warehouse - Manage operations, stock control, ensure best possible deals are obtained.
- Third Party Carriers - Develop relations with carriers to ensure smooth running operation, support UK office staff with issues that arise on a daily basis.
- Responsible for stock control, investigate discrepancies & develop fixes for any ongoing issues.
- Responsible for WEEE and WEEE reporting.
- Responsible for all aspects of product returns including financial viability and future proofing.
- Responsible for outsourcing carriers, third party warehousing, shipping contractors and transport.
- Support Finance Team with stock counts, audits and valuations.
- Work with Trade Sales Team to develop procedures for stock movements form ordering, shipping through to delivery to customer.
- Liaising with vendors / factories in China & Europe to arrange shipping.
- Continual assessment of logistics processes to ensure financial viability and operational efficiency.
Essential skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with others at all levels
- Good numerical skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Team player
- Some travel may be required
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Bagnall Hopkins Recruitment who is operating as an employment agency/business. Your application will be sent to one of our consultants for review, at which stage we will be in touch to discuss your details further. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours your application has not been successful.
We will not submit your CV until you have been briefed on the position and we have your consent to do so.
Both Bagnall Hopkins and our clients promote a policy of equal opportunities.
Follow us on Twitter @bagnallhopkins, and take a look at our Facebook page.
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving
- Stock Control