Salary: £dependent upon experience
Are you looking to join a well established and highly reputable manufacturing company who operate within the FMCG industry offering a great earning potential and a structured career path?
Our client, a rapidly expanding manufacturer, now has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Manager to join their team.
As Regional Logistics Manager you will be responsible for the day to day operation and execution of the transport plan for the manufacturing site and overseeing a busy transport team. As part of the Site Leadership team you will have responsibility for all logistics activities, you will have a passion for transport and be capable of planning and executing key results for our core business.
- Plan the season to transport requirements in line with Group seasonal plan.
- Identification of suitable haulage providers
- Support the development, planning and execution of a cost effective transport solution
- Negotiation of haulage rates
- Negotiation of annual SLA/contracts with hauliers
- Calculating costs for agreed loads.
- Daily liaison & dialogue with service providers
- Take part in regular reviews with all transport providers and add constructive feedback
- Compile KPIs relating to all transport operations
- Ensure the team completes Purchase order details for each haulage transaction
- Ensure all consignments are booked with customers in line with SLA expectations
- Attend the monthly P&L site meeting with Directors
- Management of Logistics team on site
- Providing a cost efficient, sustainable transport solution, for both inbound & outbound goods,
- Enabling the business to meet its obligations to its customers
- Previous experience in a senior logistics management role in a high volume FMCG business.
- Strong understanding of inbound, outbound and 3rd party haulage requirements.
- Working knowledge of local transport solutions including the day to day management of load scheduling, planning routes and trunking.
- Operational knowledge of local haulage contractors and the UK transport network.
- Experience of driver regulations and driver hours.
- Understanding of transport legislation and regulations.
- Proven experience of leading and developing a team.
- A track record in successful business partnering with Operations and Sales teams and a strong relationship builder capable of communicating at all levels.
- It is critical that you will have worked 'Direct to Warehouse’ and 'Direct to Store’ with experience of key grocers including Tesco or Asda etc.
For more information please contact one of our specialist consultants quoting REF: NJR7537
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job