My client a growing and ever changing Pharmaceutical business based in Watford are seeking to add a forward thinking and confident Logistics Manager to their growing operational team.
The Logistics Manager will be responsible for the fleet of circa 80 vehicles, as well as managing their busy and growing import & export business.
My client is going through an exciting period of change & growth and the hiring of a Logistics Manager is instrumental to achieving this.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Logistics Manager who can demonstrate their leadership qualities and ability to managing multi tasks and deadlines.
- Planning routes and load scheduling for multi-drop deliveries
- Good understanding of Importing Pharmaceutical products from around the world
- Developing transportation relationships.
- Monitoring transport costs.
- Negotiating and bargaining transportation prices.
- Dealing with the effects of congestion.
- Confronting climate change issues by implementing transport strategies
Skills & Attributes:
- A Pharmaceutical background and/or cold food transportation is highly desirable
- Able to plan fleet routes
- Highly motivated and proactive individual
- Good planning, organisational and problem solving skills
- Able to provide a dependable and reliable service to suppliers/customers both internal and external
- Strong service ethos
- CPC License holder desirable
Salary & Benefits
My client is offering a basic salary of £35,000 - £40,000 dependent on experience, as well an attractive pension and company benefits package.
Randstad Financial & Professional encourage applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Randstad Financial & Professional acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003
- Route planning
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job