A global retail business require a Logistics Manager. Applicants need global end-to-end supply chain experience across; freight forwarding, trade compliance, and warehousing, ideally within a consumer goods or retail environment.
The Logistics Manager will be responsible for improving inbound logistics and distribution across Europe, ensuring the effective performance of freight forwarders and 3rd party warehouses. The Logistics Manager will have end-to-end supply chain responsibility, in moving the product from origin in the Far East, into storage and retail locations in Europe. The emphasis on the role will be management of freight forwarding partners, and ensuring compliance with HMRC and international trading regulations. There will also be an expectation on the Logistics Manager to support on-going business transformation within logistics and supply chain, and ensuring controls are in place for the management of shipments, import processes and data integrity.
Specific duties of the Logistics Manager include:
- Evaluate freight forwarders for incoming/outgoing goods and manage inbound/outbound freight contracts
- Investigate, analyse and make recommendations for ongoing supply chain change
- Oversee third party warehouse functions and implement improvement opportunities
- Lead internal training in regards to HMRC, AEO and international trading regulations/processes
- Have ownership over data held on duty management system (tariffs, customs entries etc.)
- Manage AEO and import teams
Applicants to the Logistics Manager vacancy should meet the following criteria:
- "end-to-end" logistics and supply chain management experience, encompassing freight forwarding/compliance
- Global logistics experience - expertise in importing from the Far East desirable
- Experience of negotiating with, selecting and managing freight forwarding partners
- Excellent knowledge of compliance issues around HMRC, AEO and international trading regulations
- Excellent knowledge of warehousing processes
- Project management skills, and the ability to support business change
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.