Within this key role, you will be responsible for managing a team of logistics and stores professionals, managing the flow of inbound and outbound products and all additional logistics activities across the department. This will also include responsibility for governance activities including managing set up and implementation of various logistics hubs.
Areas of responsibility:
- Management of all internal and external logistics of a global supply chain.
- Develop and execute a logistics site strategy in line with a changing business supply chain and best in class supply chain practices.
- Work with the Leadership team and other functional heads of department to review and evaluate new business opportunities and key business challenges.
- Drive and implement continuous improvement activities including reviewing policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement policies, processes and procedures and ensure that they are effectively managed.
- Review the effectiveness of functional processes to ensure they are fit for purpose, meet company requirements, and ensure governance.
- Ensure conformity with corporate, legal, and regulatory requirements - including HMRC requirements.
- Lead and develop the logistics team to deliver a best in class service including management of team members and developing talent to support future business requirements.
- Provision of technical advice and guidance to team members and to other parts of the business.
Skills and Experience:
- Solid understanding of supply chain processes and procedures.
- Ability to execute plans to support delivery of projects.
- Project management skills.
- Sound financial awareness.
- Excellent customer focus and relationship management skills.
Please contact Alwyn Knox at our Glasgow Office for more information on this position
To find out about more job opportunities please visit the Hudson website.
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job