Logistics Manager Corby £50k
Logistics Manager Corby £50k
Independent family owned European market leading shoe retailer, with 97 stores and an e-commerce presence in the UK and 3,800 stores in 26 countries, employing over 32,000 people.
Reporting to the Finance Director, to be responsible for ensuring the effective implementation and ongoing operation of a contracted out distribution centre and logistics function to deliver a sustained efficient, timely and cost effective service
- Liaise with 3PL and all stakeholders -HO staff, Buyers, Store Managers, senior staff and colleagues etc
- Contribute to the Strategic business plan
- Review progress on achievement of objectives and address areas of poor progress and action adjustment.
- Monitor the DC and logistics performance to ensure an efficient, effective and cost effective operation
- Ensure a quality service is delivered to the business and its customers.
- Highlight issues of concern in service or processes and work with 3PL to ensure timely & sustained resolution.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with 3PL providers optimising and driving efficiencies
- Monitor adherence to SLAs & KPIs by 3PL providers and manage compliance issues
- Seek productivity improvements and efficiency savings and partner with 3PL for implementation
- Be the point of contact for retail stores for delivery issues, monitoring and resolving them
- Prepare reports on logistics performance as required
- Check and validate invoices relating to 3PL logistics performance and resolve discrepancies .
- Oversee 3PL provider’s recruitment and training of DC staff
- Ensure all personnel have the necessary skills and abilities to ensure business continuity.
- Support third party staff in working with and using the company’s in house WMS
- Ensure accurate records are maintained of all distribution centre activities
- In conjunction with 3PL plan and co-ordinate stock counts
- Review and investigate any significant stock discrepancies
- Emergency/Business Continuity Planning
- Ensure a disaster recovery plan for distribution and logistics is in place and reviewed on a regular basis
- Develop plans to accommodate the changing needs of the business
- Ensure adherence and compliance to Health and Safety legislation and company and 3PL procedures.
- Develop and agree objectives for the DC and logistics functions to enable expansion plans to be delivered and corporate objectives to be met
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills and commercially driven
- Effective team member both as a leader and team participant.
- Possess first class communication skills, with ability to interact at all levels with both impact & credibility
- Be able to manage and deal with complex and conflicting issues
- Effective organisational and prioritisation skills
- Proactive with a can-do attitude and ability to use own initiative
- Strong IT skills and excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Extensive logistic management experience gained in a fast paced retail setting
- Interrogating and interpreting information systems producing reports for management use
- Introducing service improvements to meet company needs
-Developing and implementing business plans
- Experience of business continuity planning
- Educated to degree level or equivalent is desirable
- WMS experience
- Logistics Management
- Warehouse Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"