De Lacy Executive is looking to recruit a Logistics Manager for an agricultural company in Cambridgeshire. Reporting to the Logistics Director, the successful candidate will manage and support the logistics team and operation ensuring legal compliance whilst maintaining the highest standard of Health & Safety. The role will also deputise for the Logistics Director in their absence.
- Manage the day to day logistics operator's license ensuring the fleet is legally compliant.
- Ensure that there are clear and effective systems and processes in place to manage legal compliance.
- Management of drivers, ensuring that all drivers are fully trained and legally compliant.
- Manage FORS & TASCC accreditation.
- Aid the Logistics Director preparing and submitting various KPI reports, and recruitment of resources during peak periods.
- Assist with vehicle planning and obtaining third party work.
- Build relationships with customers and external hauliers.
- Assist the Logistics Director with the management supervision, training and development of the Logistics team.
- Develop & improve Logistics processes, systems & use of technology
- Management of Logistics Related Health and Safety procedures and policy's and creating a culture that is H&S conscious
- Motivational Leadership Skills.
- Ideally a Certificate of Professional Competence qualification.
- Ability to work as part of a team and delegate accordingly.
- In-depth knowledge of transport legislation regarding 'O' Licence, Drivers Hours, Construction and Use Regulations.
- Health & Safety awareness.
- Attention to Detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- The ability to use MS Excel Outlook and Word to a high standard.
- Knowledge / utilisation of routing packages (desirable).
- Road Health and Safety Management and IOSH qualifications (desirable).
The Benefits Package: A competitive and comprehensive salary package which will reflect the experience of the individual.