Our client, a leading British Logistics provider with Headquarters in Solihull are currently recruiting a number of Logistics Import Operators to join their expanding team and would suit either a fully experienced Operator looking or a new challenge or someone with experience of working within a similar role looking for a step up.
As an Import Operator you will be responsible for:
- Arranging Haulage with shipping lines and hauliers
- Negotiating and agreeing charges for all types of shipments to include containers
- Developing and build relationships to ensure a high level of customer service is provided at all times
- Resolving issues and responding quickly to customer enquiries
- Communicating extensively both over the telephone, email and internet based systems with international agents and clients
- Ensuring customers clearance documents are on hand prior to vessel arrival
- Reporting on status of all shipments
- Process supplier invoices
- Liaising with the sales department in relation to client enquiries.
The successful candidate for the role of the Import Operator will have:
- A clear understanding of how duty/VAT is calculated
- Knowledge of when duty is applicable or should be reduced
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to complete Customs Freight Security Procedures
- Capable of working in a high pressure environment whilst maintaining a calm exterior
- The skill to prioritise a large number of tasks to ensure accuracy and deliver results
- Commercially aware and able to grow repeat business
As the Import Operator you will require, a positive attitude, ambition and the ability to problem solve.
In return the Import Operator will receive a basic salary of £18,000 - £22,000 depending upon experience
If you think you have what it takes to apply for this role, please click apply and send us your CV.
Please Note: We do not contact or write to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of the closing date, you should presume that your application was unsuccessful.
- Freight Forwarding
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job