The Logistics graduate stream is looking for graduates who could take on roles in departments such as Transport. We’ll provide you with all the support and encouragement you need and the tools and the development required to succeed.
Introduction to Speedy…
We may have started small but we’ve always had big ideas. Since Speedy was established in 1977 we have grown into the UK’s leading hire business. Along the way we’ve won countless awards for innovation, safety and our commitment to training to name but a few. Our people are the heart of our business and it’s their commitment and professionalism that makes us the biggest and the best in the industry.Package description
Competitive salary with pension, 21 days holidays rising to 26 after 1 year plus bank holidays, bonus, life assurance and our fantastic salary extras scheme that offers cycle to work and various other fantastic benefits along with our great staff discounts.Main responsibilities
As well as completing the day to day role within the department you successfully applyto, you will also be required to complete the two year Speedy Graduate Development Programme.Ideal candidate
To be successful as a graduate in the Logistics stream, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following experience and attributes:
- Good analytical skills in order to make recommendations from business data
- A strong attention to detail
- An ability to process map using tools such as flow charts
- Excellent communication skills to build relationships with both internal and external customers
- Ability to develop technology within logistics in order to reduce risk
- Customer focused
- Highly motivated and keen to learn all aspects of a logistics role
- High level of trust and integrity
- Innovative and adaptable to new situations
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Strong ability to meet targets and KPIs
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload
- The drive to succeed in a fast paced, multi-site environment
- The willingness to make use of continuous professional development in order to gain formal qualifications and progress into a management role such as a qualified transport managerFlexibility in order to travel within your region and nationally
- Advanced IT Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- To have obtained 2:2 degree or above, ideally in Transport/Logistics
What’s included in the Speedy Graduate Programme?
The Speedy two year graduate development programme runs alongside the role you successfully apply for. This programme enables successful applicants to develop the skills required to progress their careers within Speedy and become a fully competent and professional member of the management team. The programme consists of:
- On the job training within you department
- The opportunity to complete a relevant professional qualification
- Completion of Business Experience Modules to understand and learn about all areas of the Speedy business and how they contribute to our success
- Access to Speedy internal learning and development courses
- The provision of an experienced professional mentor from within the Speedy business
- A dedicated graduate manager
If we sound right for you then please apply now.
If you would like to discuss the graduate opportunities detailed above further, please feel free to contact Gillian Roberts, Early Careers Manager on or .About the company
Speedy are the leading provider of hire products and supporting services to the construction, industrial and infrastructure sectors. We have a network of over 200 depots across the UK and Ireland, and over 3000 people who offer a nationwide service and look after the largest hire fleet in the market.
We also lead in health, safety and sustainability. We are the safest hire provider, based on accident and industry rates, and have the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. Our hire fleet also includes an increasing range of green option products, helping our customers improve their energy efficiency and reduce their environmental impact.
Vision, mission and values:
Our vision is to become the best company in our sector to do business with and the best to work for.
Our mission is to provide safe, reliable hire equipment and services to enable successful delivery of customer projects.
- Safe – the first priority in everything we do
- As One – working together to collectively achieve our goals
- Innovative – to continuously improve
- Driven – to deliver first class customer service