The company is an international specialist in land and coastal engineering geophysical investigation of the ground and the built environment. As part of the global Fugro Group of geoscience and engineering companies we can offer a career path within a small friendly team that has the potential to develop in many directions and the opportunity to contribute to a wide range of exciting global projects.
We are looking for a proactive and organised individual to join our Land Site Characterisation team in Wallingford. Specifically, you will tasked with ensure that goods and equipment movements are performed efficiently in line with Company procedures and Customs requirements for all UK Land service lines. You will also plan and make overseas travel arrangements for UK geophysical staff.
Your responsibilities will be:
- To handle, manage and coordinate goods and equipment movement to and from Fugro offices, service & maintenance suppliers, and project locations within the UK and overseas.
- To ensure compliance with any Customs and country laws, Shipping and Dangerous goods regulations, international trade and Fugro procedures &quality standards,
- Plan and make overseas business and project travel arrangements for wireline and surface geophysical staff, Shall include travel arrangements for visiting service line geophysical staff to the UK
- To assist Project and QHSE managers with assessment and estimation of logistics risks and costs associated with movement of goods and personnel travel at bid and mobilisation stages of the project lifecycle.
- To work with and provide support including training to existing logistics support staff who may act as a consignment coordinator for transport of goods following Company procedures
- Office administration including handling of telephone calls and office visitors, maintaining a stock of office stationary, generation of project folders and filing.
- To successfully contribute to a culture of performance consistency, technical innovation, aspirational attitude and success within the Company while adhering to the Integrated Management System (IMS) policies and procedure (including quality, health, safety and environment.
- Administration of personal dosimetry for relevant wireline personnel working under FGSL remit.
You will have experience of coordinating logistical operations relating to movement of goods, customs compliance, dangerous goods regulations and planning of overseas travel arrangements in a related industry
You will have excellent communication, organisation skills and record keeping skills with a proven ability to work in a dynamic working environment addressing multiple simultaneous operational tasks.
Our successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits package.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"