The Logistics Operative is responsible for the safe handling of goods passing through the warehouse or factory and reports to the Logistics & Supply Chain Manager. The Logistics Coordinator in support of manufacturing production is based at the Oxford factory with a requirement to work across our two sites at Oxford and Didcot reporting to the Operations Manager. Responsibility for cost effective personnel and resource management, operational EHSQ, continuous improvement and facilities management within the Logistics department working in close collaboration with the Logistics Administration Coordinator. The key aims of the role are to provide consistently excellent service in line with Customer requirements, meeting internal and external KPIs through competent planning, development and utilisation of resource, and to promote an environment in which safety, wellbeing and continuous improvement are an everyday focus.
Personnel and Resource Coordination
- Promote effective and proactive communication with the designated customer points of contact and suppliers.
- Coordinate and plan non-administrative Logistics resources at Didcot and Oxford factory to meet actual work volumes and KPIs ensuring that the maximum output is achieved with minimum resources, including the efficient planning of annual leave within the team.
- Ensure good Logistics practices and adherence to company Quality Management systems and processes. Identifying and assisting in the resolution of operational issues, maintaining a positive and proactive approach and ensuring completion of accurate documentation.
- Support the investigation of failures including reporting and implementation of preventative actions
- Ensure the safe loading and unloading of vehicles, avoiding damage to persons, stock or equipment, adhering to the Company’s Health & Safety Policy and rules.
- Participate in the training staff, and effectively monitor their performance and progress, reporting any shortfalls to the Operations Manager.
- Undertake stocktaking activities as directed.
- Attend customer meetings as required to discuss Logistics operational processes.
- Liaise with the EHSQ and Commercial Manager to ensure all Logistics processes, work instructions and risk assessments are documented and maintained to ISO standards.
- Ensure EHSQ scheduled audit training is carried out, recorded and documented within the Logistics department.
- Maintain the Logistics Environmental and Health & Safety activities, ensuring that continuous improvement is achieved in both areas.
- Comply with Aviation Security procedures.
- Liaise with all stakeholders to facilitate the development and implementation of the Continuous Improvement Program within agreed timescales.
- Encourage the continual improvement of performance across operational teams, promoting employee involvement in 5S and in problem solving.
- Facilities Management - Co-ordinate and action Fault and Failings Reports, VFM servicing requirements and schedule any necessary repairs.
- Ensure that the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment is carried out as scheduled.
- Ensure that relevant information is recorded and passed to Finance to allow non-routine duties (time + other spent resources), or any other duties that are not automatically invoiced can be invoiced to the customer.
- Support the investigation, correction and prevention of Logistics errors that impact invoicing.
- Monitor and minimise non-value added (NVA) duties.
- Support and, where necessary, participate in ad-hoc project work in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
- Attend courses or seminars which are suitable for improving your ability to perform the required duties, both in the UK and Europe.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Maintain a level of awareness required for Aviation Security.
- Provide on call cover for out of hours issues and problems for Logistics and security issues.
Health & Safety
You are personally responsible for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and others that may be affected by your acts and omissions.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience of logistics operations in support of a production facility in a Quality Management environment
- Excellent customer focus, with a desire to meet all requirements of the customer within correct processes and KPIs
- Excellent performance management skills with proven ability to motivate and organise a team
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Flexible attitude regarding working hours
- An understanding of 5S, Continuous Improvement, Lean processes
- A good command of the English language, both written and oral
- Good IT skills.
- Forklift truck license both counterbalance and reach truck desirable
- An indoor crane license desirable but not essential
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
- Health Safety