Are you an experienced logistics and transport professional looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Logistics Coordinator for our Liquid Waste team in Taunton, working 45 hours a week.
In return for your hard work as our Logistics Coordinator, we can offer a Competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands
The ideal Logistics Coordinator:
- A proven track record of supervising a Logistic operation successfully
- Previous experience of customer experience management and strategy
- Knowledge of fleet operating systems.
- Knowledge of road transport and relevant environmental legislation
- Previous experience controlling fleet activities.
- Previous experience managing large teams.
- Experience of preparing month end reports
- Full CPC National for road transport (or working towards)
- IOSH managing safely or equivalent.
- Full driving licence.
Logistics Coordinator Responsibilities:
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and managing operations from the Priorswood Logistics Unit. Duties Include:
- Supervise, with the aid of the team, the day to day operation of the Liquid Waste collection operations
- Plan and control the team operations ensuring the co-operation and coordination of all required activities
- Allocate and control vehicles including subcontractors efficiently to meet the operational requirements and ensure that the level of resources are adequate to meet day to day requirements.
- Ensure through constant review that cost effective, quality service is carried out
- Support the Logistics Unit Manager with compilation of budgets, maximising revenue, controlling costs, forecasting and variance explanation.
- Ensure direct reports are fully compliant with all company policies and procedures, and where failings occur to take appropriate action in consultation with the Human Resources department
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY! You will be redirected to the company website to register and complete your application for the role of Logistics Coordinator.
Closing Date: 3rd May 2018