Our client, a freight forwarder based in Felixstowe, are now seeking a Logistics Coordinator to join their team.
Purpose of the role: To service customer requirements for logistics and to assist in other areas within the operations department.
- Receive documents and shipment notifications, reference jobs within forwarding system (ie. Multifreight)
- Provide correspondence to Customers & suppliers via appropriate method.
- Collection of funds for non-account customers.
- Raising cheques and issuing to carrier for delivery/release, including lodging of original Bill of Lading.
- Obtain releases for LCL/FCL shipments as required.
- Use Port Community Systems (Destin8/CNS).
- Update tracking schedules where necessary / appropriate.
- Provide clearance notifications to customers where necessary / appropriate.
- Advise charges to customers when required.
- Receive delivery instructions from Customers.
- Make delivery bookings with the appropriate carrier / supplier.
- Any other task which is reasonable within an office environment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job