LOGISTICS COORDINATOR - Logistics, Supply Chain, Inventory and Stock-taking
Based in Bristol
Monday to Friday: 9am to 5.30pm (with some flexibility)
Our client is a Hi-Tech software company, who are looking for a Logistics Coordinator.
This role involves packing orders and overseeing the cycle of order fulfilment. You will be responsible for obtaining, checking and preparing the necessary documentation to ensure shipping requirements are met efficiently and safely.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to be involved at the start of setting up a global logistics operation and to grow their skill set into all aspects of logistics and supply chain
- Packing of items ready for dispatch
- Obtaining, checking and preparing the necessary documentation to ensure shipping requirements are met
- Adhering to all product code classifications to ensure the correct customs duty is paid
- Arranging customs clearance and delivery for inbound shipments
- Updating shipping tracker on our internal data base as well as data entry for purchase orders, ready dates, departures & arrival info onto multiple excel spreadsheets
- Working with freight forwarding companies, shipping lines and haulage companies to achieve an efficient and effective service
- Utilising e-commerce, internet technology and satellite systems to enable real time tracking of goods
- Providing an accurate delivery schedule for the business to co-ordinate across departments
- Monitoring of the receipt of goods in to the Bristol office, tracking of Purchase Orders issued versus goods received
- organisation of the storage of goods received, tracking & auditing of inventory in to the Bristol office
- Working closely with freight forwarders to build strong business relationships
- Communicating the timings of deliveries into the Warehouse with various teams across the business.
With the planned growth of the organisation the role will evolve to included setting up of a Sales Order fulfilment process, including order acknowledgement and ensuring customer orders are fulfilled by shipping product to the customers directly from off shore manufacturing locations.
- Previous international shipping experience would be advantageous
- Experience of working with domestic and international suppliers
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal with good written and spoken English
- Previous administration experience is essential
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Strong excel skills with the ability to run reports and manage multiple spreadsheets,
- Strong organisational skills with previous experience of working to deadlines
Logistics, Supply Chain, Inventory and Stock-taking
- Logistics Supply Chain Inventory Stock-taking