Welcome to Staffbank!
I am helping a manufacturers on the outskirts of Ipswich find a logistics coordinator. Ideally you will have a strong background in European road/intermodal freight and UK distribution experience
To control all aspects of the transport operations, ensuring the effective and efficient arrival/import and on-time distribution of products including any export. To ensure planning and coordinating is carried out in the most time and cost efficient way in liaison with relevant departments.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To ensure that all operations within the transport function are effectively completed to achieve maximum vehicle utilisation, cost effectiveness and that the company service targets are achieved.
- To be responsible for organising the arrival/import and export of the Company’s products liaising with agents, carriers, shipping lines etc. to ensure that the Company complies with existing Custom and Excise requirements.
- To be responsible for managing outside haulage contractors/forwarders. To assist with negotiating haulage and spot hire rates, determining performance indicators and levels, achievement against targets etc.
- To monitor and review subcontractors’ service performance and to establish new distribution channels to accommodate changing requirements.
- To liaise closely with the Warehouse, Sales and Commercial resources maintaining and developing good inter department relations and communications.
- To ensure that all loads planned have been recorded and dispatch notified at the earliest opportunity to the Warehouse. To ensure delivery notes issued are correct.
- To identify opportunities for cost saving and assist with developing effective solutions to realise them.
- To investigate and analyse reasons for logistics errors and agree appropriate corrective/ preventative actions with Quality/Technical, Sales and Commercial departments.
- To ensure that all key performance indicators (KPIs) and/or objectives set with your Manager are performed effectively and within target and agreed parameters.
Please apply on-line NOW if you are an experienced Logistics coordinator.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job