PE Global are seeking a Logistics Coordinator to work with our multinational power industry client in their location in Staffordshire.
The role is released on an initial 10 month contract basis.
Function of the Role
To organise and ensure the monitoring of equipment shipments and material control, Inbound and Outbound, from packaging in the first instance to final destination, including, customs requirements, insurance and payment records.
- Select transport providers in line with the company Sourcing Instructions, local agreements and pricing matrix, if in place. Taking into account best mode of transport for materials and required date.
- Ensure order coverage for all transport charges, know and understand the payment terms and breakdown of prices for transportation and action invoice approval in line with agreements and movements.
- Packaging and export documentation: Send packaging instructions and labels to the subcontractors and check the supplier has fulfilled the project requirements in terms of packing and marking. This involves liaising with other departments e.g. SQA .
- Issue all the export documents required for payment and Customs to ensure the proper administrative progression of shipments.
- Monitor shipments and material movements from start to finish, ensuring proper progression. Take corrective measures if necessary. Complete the shipment monitoring table and inform the PM and the site managers.
- At least 3 years’ experience in international logistics & transport.
- Experienced in generating export documentation such as Certificates of Origin and Commercial Invoices.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Previous experience using business software such as SAP is desirable.
- Previous Letter of Credit experience is desirable.
Interested candidates can send an up-to-date copy of their CV marked for the attention of David.