The Logistics Controller is required to act both as a specialist in managing assets and maintaining accurate CMDB records for stock within Daisy control.
You will be responsible for Hardware Asset Management based on-site at Bristol (Central hub) and on the associated sites in line with industry best practice and common tools.
You will need to act as a first point of contact for Daisy and the customer in relation to Asset reporting and queries, and to assist with ad-hoc lines of enquiry when required.
SC clearance is required.
Location: Customer site in Bristol
Hours: Monday to Friday - 37.5 hours between 8.30am - 5.30pm
- Accept deliveries of assets delivered to the site.
- Manage stock by booking-in, booking-out and maintaining an auditable trail of stock within Daisy ownership.
- Work closely with the customer asset management teams, attend customer meetings in relation to stock management.
- Unbox and bundle assets ready for dispatch or collection.
- Arrange courier shipments for assets between customer premises by online/telephony/email messages.
- Escalate via Team leader any day to day issues.
- Periodically review Daisy Security Policies - centrally hosted on the Intranet - to ensure full compliance with current legal, regulatory and company requirements.
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for other sites within the Daisy group.
- Be willing to travel and stay overnight when required to do so in covering other sites
- Responsible for all hardware asset management - Receipt to deployment.
- Ensure the use of integrated asset management tools and processes, where applicable
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assistance with disposal process of redundant assets.
- Assistance with store audits as and when requested.
- Own and maintain fully auditable end-to-end processes for robust stock control.
- Ensure storage areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Monitor, check, accept or redirect new calls assigned to Daisy system queues and either provide call allocation to the engineers based on their current workload and/or perform an overview of calls ensuring that none are to breach SLA.
- Check for quality updates in tickets from the engineers and feedback any issues to the Team Leader.
- Where appropriate, make appointments for engineer/customer visits and ensure that both the customer and engineer are kept in the loop on any changes prior to, up to and after any scheduled appointment.
- Monitor calls assigned to the engineers to ensure that they are actioned within SLA or as per any pre-arranged appointments.
- Ensuring all call and completion updates are recorded accurately as per current processes and procedures.
- Escalate calls approaching breach of SLA to the engineer and/or appropriate Team Leader.
- SC clearance is required.
- Knowledge of IT Infrastructure and technology.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Understanding of Third Party Logistics.
- Understanding of Asset Management.
- Previous experience in shared environments crucial.
- Customer services environment understanding.
- Understanding of SLA’s.
- Planning skills together with housekeeping (documentation, etc.).
- PC literate
- Decision making
- Organisation & planning
- Problem solving
- Ability to work alone
- Adherence and adaptability towards Daisy Values: Driven, Accountable, Innovative, Successful, Yours
- Able to use own initiative
- Team player
- Excellent Telephone manner
Daisy Group... About us
When Daisy Group was first established, it had a simple business model, to be an alternative provider of telephone lines and calls for UK-based small and medium-sized businesses.
Well over a decade later and both Daisy and the telecommunications industry are almost unrecognisable. As technology and the different types of communication have advanced, Daisy has continued to evolve to ensure that it is able to offer customers and partners a full suite of IT and telecommunications products and services.
Over the last decade Daisy has developed through a combination of organic and acquisitive growth. With a business-to-business only focus, Daisy now boasts more than 60,000 customers and supplies IT and communications to some of the UK’s best-known organisations.
Daisy provides a range of unified communications and IT services, including connectivity, voice, maintenance, as well as cloud and hosting solutions.
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort.
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer:
- Holiday entitlement of 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Additional day’s holiday for every year of service, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Company Sick Pay
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eye care Vouchers
- Discounted Medicash Membership
- Monthly reward scheme
- Daisy Deals - Everyone who works at Daisy has the option to take advantage of discounts and savings at over 1,200 retailers.
- Discounts on a range of Daisy products
Why work for Daisy?
It only takes a quick glance inside Daisy to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success.
Whatever our employees do - from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service - their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential.
In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at Daisy. With so many varied roles across 30 sites throughout the UK, and various training and development programmes, the growth opportunities with us are boundless.
So if you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.
- Asset Management
- Computer Hardware
- Customer Service