Now Careers are currently working with a leading international business to recruit a logistics controller for their Cardiff site. The individual will be responsible for arrangement of all outbound logistics for products in Europe. The role entails booking out goods using TNT, DHL systems and managing all logistic queries.
Occasionally order processing and invoicing. As a growing business optimization and flexibility would be the key in this role. Regular reviews with our logistics partners and daily reports to the management team.
- Good knowledge and understanding of custom and excise procedures and the ability to prepare any necessary documentation
- Good knowledge of export procedures and the ability to prepare any necessary documents for both European and non European countries Ensure all documentation is correct for shipment e.g. invoices, ATR’s, etc.
- Good communication skills whilst liaising with clients, couriers and other operational departments
- Strategic management of kit parts to maximize delivery performance and cost saving
- Responsible for monitoring deliveries, ensuring customer satisfaction and maintaining accurate logs of all transportation and goods.
- Work with the warehouse to ensure goods are dispatched on time.
- Creating and maintaining work instructions and process flows.
- Support sales order input and invoice team at busy periods.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Experienced in a fast paced logistics environment, with a high level of customer focus
- Basic knowledge of dangerous goods documentation
- Excellent Excel and Word computer skills and proficient keyboarding skills;
- Proven knowledge of "Oracle" and "SAP";
- Good analytical, problem solving and numerical skills
- Good communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work additional hours and weekends as and when required.
- Proven leadership and change management capabilities
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job