Warehouse Control Room Operator
Hours of work:
Saturday 12:00 (noon) to 00:00 Midnight (12 hrs)
Sunday 12:00 (noon) to 01:00hrs (13 hrs)
Hourly Rate: £9.74 (£12,662.00 a year)
At the heart of Yodel delivery business we have 3 National Sort and Transport Hubs based in Hatfield, Wednesbury and Shaw receiving parcels from our high profile clients, sorting these and ensuring safe delivery to one of our 45+ National Service Centres.
Yodel handle 155 million+ parcels a year and 1 million+ delivered on a peak day and this is made possible by our fantastic Control Room staff helping to keep our operation running smoothly at all times!
About the Role:
We're looking for an experienced Control Room Operator for Shaw Sort Centre, you'll previously have worked within the logistics environment or in a similar industry in a Control Room environment.
You'll carry out the day to day Control Room operations ensuring agreed service levels are maintained and the site is always running efficiently and with as few hiccups as possible.
You'll work with both our Transport and Sort Centre team on a daily basis and your role will involve:
- Overseeing the successful execution of all planned inbound and outbound activity for the sort within agreed service levels. If you see an issue arising you?ll be proactive in trying to nip it in the bud asap
- Work with our in-house Yard Management systems which track our trailers movements on site to ensure everything is going to plan and moving efficiently
- Work with the Shunt team, planning their movements ensuring trailers are assigned to Shunters in a timely manner
- Supporting the Transport and Sort teams with reporting
- Have your eyes peeled for any issues affecting our sort machinery and liaise with our Engineering teams to resolve so our conveyors keep moving
Communicate operational issues and ensure appropriate management action is taken
You'll have ideally already worked in a Control Room before or at least have an in-depth working knowledge of a Sort operation and how yard management systems operate. You'll be a confident communicator as you'll be pivotal in working with teams across both Sort and Transport to highlight issues and work with the teams to find and communicate solutions.
You'll have worked with Yard Management/Transport/Logistics Systems before or similar and be confident working with internal IT systems. Experience working in a Transport/Logistics related environment is desirable but not essential and you'll also ideally have up to date knowledge of Health and Safety.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"