We are a privately owned company, pioneers in providing logistics services to and from countries across the World.
A vacancy currently exists for a Logistics Coordinator to join our international operations team based in Leatherhead .You will be working within a team of like-minded, hard-working individuals who all share a real passion for logistics and good customer service.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for handling from start to finish all import and export sea/road/rail operations for shipments across all trade lanes with a primary focus on exports into Russia and Central Asia.
The key characteristics and duties include, but are not limited to:
- receiving bookings and organizing required transport / equipment for multimodal shipments to/from Europe, Russia and Central Asia
- accurate preparation and completion of export cargo documentation
- liaising directly via email and telephone with shippers, consignees, shipping lines, hauliers, customs agents, stevedores, forwarders, SSL oversees offices / operations staff and third-party agencies.
- provide accurate and consistent reports to customers (tracking, issues, delivery schedules etc)
- data entry into the in-house transport and accounts systems
- raising sales invoices within the inhouse freight system.
The key requirements and skills include:
- strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- attention to detail is a necessity.
- to be highly customer orientated with the ability to build strong, working relations.
- good level of numeracy
- quick learner and resilient
- high level computer literacy particularly with MS office
- can-do attitude with ability to work under pressure.
- ability to work both autonomously and as part of a small team.
- organized and able to prioritize.
- proactive outlook with the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- analytical and logical approach to problem solving
- Previous experience in a similar level role with a good understanding of transport/logistics operations is an advantage. Container operations and knowledge of CIS rail operations would be a big plus but not a necessity.
- written and verbal fluency in Russian and/or Polish would be advantageous but not essential
- a good geographical knowledge of Russia and Central Asia is a necessity
- good working knowledge of international customs regulations
Salary and package
Based in Leatherhead
£20,000 - £27,000 + bonus (approx. one month’s salary after 1 years’ service)
Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:30
20-day holiday + bank holidays
- Freight Forwarding
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'