This role is an exciting role that allows for your organisational and problem-solving skills to be greatly appreciated.
Our client is looking for someone who can join a team on a fixed -term contract for maternity for over 1 year to help with the co-ordinating for drivers and planning routes efficiently.
Main responsibilities include:
- Undertake day to day coordination of drivers, including planning drivers routes in the most efficient manner possible whilst meeting operational requirements
- Raise support requests on systems and monitor progress to completion
- Liaise with Operational managers to ensure efficient management of fleet and resources.
- Identify performance / productivity issues and raise with appropriate managers.
- Undertake effective jeopardy management of Logistics activities
- Accurately input vehicle/plant details and information onto computerised systems for various purposes including invoicing as required
- Liaise with stores operatives to ensure seamless service delivery
- Ensure all Non-Stock fittings are all made available in a timely manner
- Liaise with internal customers/site operational staff
- Liaise with external suppliers
- Monitor daily/weekly/monthly, MI and KPIs, and take corrective action where standards are not achieved
- Undertake work in a proactive manner
- Regularly audit environmental compliance of approved tipping and quarry sites
- Ensure compliance with VOSA requirements through weekly monitoring
- Undertake a range of other duties / ad hoc work and projects as requested by the Performance Manager/Operations Controller/Logistics Support Officer
Qualifications Required: Maths and English GCSEs or equivalent are desirable, CPC Qualification desirable but not essential
Technical Competencies: Numerical skill and a high standard of keyboard skills. Competent in the use all standard Microsoft and other standard desktop packages, intermediate to advanced level of Microsoft Excel skills required. Demonstrable knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and procedures and a clear understanding of the Wales & West Utilities business, in particular, Operations
Specific Experience: Excellent customer service is required as you will be the main point of contact for the customer.
Other Criteria: Ability to use computer systems and general office facilities such as PC packages, photocopier, facsimile machine etc. Demonstrable communication skills, both written and oral and attention to detail. Experience of working to strict deadlines, string analytical skills and problem solving ability. Ability to set and achieve targets. Capable of working under pressure and own initiative with a 'can do' attitude. Valid Current driving licence preferable.
The role is an office-based role and is Mon-Fri either 0800-1600 or 0830-1630.
Salary of £10.00 p/h
For more information please apply online or send your CV to Robyn Ough @ Pertemps :
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job