To coordinate the activity between supplier deliveries and customer orders, providing first-line customer service across all business units.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fielding incoming calls from customers, suppliers, service providers and internal stakeholders and managing to a satisfactory conclusion or escalating as appropriate.
- Processing of customer purchase orders onto all company systems to agreed dates.
- Allocation of correct materials to each order.
- Communication of customer delivery requirements to all 3PL partners.
- Investigating daily claims of stock shortages from customers, 3PL's and internal departments.
- Recording the outcome of any shortages on in house systems.
- Communicating to the supply chain team regarding any known stock shortages, excess stock or product life issues.
- Reconciling and adjusting stock levels on in house systems to reflect an accurate stock position.
- Processing of inbound shipment advice's from export suppliers.
- Monitoring arrival of inbound materials and updating systems (container docking, clearance, cold store arrival)
- Checking and receipting stock onto in house systems from inbound containers.
- Analysis and verification of invoiced charges from 3PL providers.
- Communication of new materials due to arrive at 3PL providers to allow correct receipt.
- Analysis and correction of improper information within 3PL storage systems, relating to pallet standards and product data.
- Pooled pallet administration including ordering and de-hiring
- Administration of customer and product data held on in house systems
- Assist Logistics Manager with reasonable ad hoc requests.
- Past customer service/customer facing experience.
- Excellent communication skills with emphasis on telephone contact.
- Past experiences in negotiating with suppliers and service providers.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility to meet the changing demands and deadlines of customers.
- Able to concentrate on detailed tasks for prolonged periods of time whilst ensuring high levels of accuracy.
- PC literate (Windows) and proficient in MS Outlook and MS Excel.
- Past experiences in a logistics customer facing role in an FMCG business
- Experience of frozen or chilled food supply chains
- Experience in SAP SD and MM
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'