My client is currently seeking an experienced Transport Administrator for their busy Worcester office.
Due to the time frames that orders come in the hours for this role will be Monday to Friday .
Supports the organisations transport and logistics function, working closely and under the direction of the Logistics Manager and alongside the existing Transport Administrator
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following, other duties may be assigned;
- To organise the shipment of export orders; providing relevant documentation (commercial invoices), obtaining freight quotes and communicating internally with collection details.
- Finding commodity codes and updating records.
- Advising customers and end users of delivery arrangements.
- Liaising with internal and external departments.
- Answering and managing internal and external; phone calls.
- Answering internal and external e-mail correspondence.
- Dealing with small courier delivery items, delivered within the UK and export markets.
- Check invoices regarding export and courier deliveries (querying where relevant).
- Entering orders.
- Creating freight invoices.
- Problem solving.
- Providing assistance to the Transport Administrator as required by the company's workload.
- Skills and Experience Required
- Experience in export distribution
- Ability to multi task.
- Good telephone manner.
- Ability to prioritise workloads.
- Administrative experience.
It is essential that the candidate already has some relevant administration experience, preferably in a logistics environment. Exposure to a busy office environment is a prerequisite. T
- Outward going
- able to work under pressure
- A self-starter.
- A team player not afraid of getting their hands dirty from time to time.
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'