Our Client is an Entrepreneurial, market leading, International Commodities Trading business offering the highest level of professionalism, entrepreneurial spirit and personal ownership.
They offer a wide-ranging and very challenging role with prospects in a continually growing global company. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a stimulating environment in which enthusiastic colleagues work together in a practical and informal way. You will be the holder of a responsible position, with several international contacts; with strong possibilities to grow within a large international organization!
As an Operations Officer you are responsible for ensuring proper execution of the trade flows of international containerized shipments of raw cotton under supervision of your team leader and the responsible trader. You will have working experience in Logistics Administration; incoterms and Letters of Credit ideally.
- Execution of Purchase and Sales contracts by accurately reading and checking the conditions and details;
- Coordination of logistical aspects by liaising with various parties to ensure that container movements by ship, trains and/or trucks are properly and efficiently loaded and discharged;
- Delivering quality in liaising with various parties to ensure each shipment is accompanied by a complete and correct set of documentation;
- Paying proper attention to the administration by checking shipment documentation and ensuring that payments are made and received on time;
- Maintaining a correct inventory and administration for our international trades;
- In legal matters assisting in settling disputes with our counterparties around the globe.
- Fluent in English. Fluency in Dutch, Russian and/or French is considered a great asset;
- Bachelor degree or MBO+ education in, for example, International Business Languages, International Business Management, Finance & Accounting;
- Relevant working experience;
- Affinity with container transport by ship;
- Experience with Letters of Credit and shipping documentation will be highly regarded.
- Commercial insight, the drive to minimize costs and maximize revenue.
- You will have excellent administrative skills;
- Besides being a team player, you are well capable to work independently as well;
- Organizing, keeping overview, and problem solving are key qualities;
- Your analytical skills are added with the ability to properly prioritise;
- High level of attention to detail on administrative duties;
- You have confidence, show a pro-active attitude and a natural curiosity;
- Good knowledge of and skills in maintaining a fully up to date IT/Accounting/ERP system;
- You have the ability to deal with a substantial workload under time pressure;
- A dynamic international work environment is what attracts you.
- You are enthusiastic about working in a predominantly English speaking team.
- International Logistics
- International Shipping
- Letters of Credit
- INCO terms
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job