Job Type: Logistics Administrator
Location: Basildon, Essex
Salary: £22 - 26k per annum
Job Reference: LA767700
Our client is one of the UK's leading suppliers internationally. They have been established for nearly 100 years and have an excellent reputation within this niche business sector. An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Logistics Administrator to join their successful team.
The ideal candidate will be working as part of a small logistics team that arranges the movement of all goods in to and out of the company.
The ideal candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Making sure suppliers despatch shipments and deliveries on time. Contacting supplier's logistic depts. regarding despatch and document issues
- Import and export of goods. UK and European movements
- Finding competitive transport/freight quotes
- Costing and arranging national and international transport/freight
- Speedy evaluation, approval of import documents and supplier invoices
- Liaising with the warehouses regarding deliveries. Ensuring that deliveries and collections arrive on time
- Preparing documents, customs clearance instructions, freight and carriage in for any size load whether by sea, road, air or rail
- Confirming in and despatching out goods. The daily manifest
- Liaising with hauliers and customers to ensure successful deliveries
- Checking and processing transport and goods Invoices. Liaising with accounts dept.
- Liaising with administration and warehouse staff to efficiently plan logistics for vehicles delivering and collecting goods to/from the warehouse
- Processing claims for goods damaged in transit, late deliveries, short deliveries, demurrage, marking faults and issuing charges to suppliers in cases where these charges can be passed on
- Insurance claims
- Calculating tariff codes and duty rates
- Arranging stock transfers between external warehouses, when goods are required internally
- Trader support
- Producing and maintaining statistics on imports, exports and complaints for directors
The Ideal candidate will have excellent IT skills, be proactive in solving and preventing problems and have experience in a logistics based role (including good working knowledge of incoterms and shipping procedures). Spoken Spanish, Italian, German is an advantage but not essential.
Due to the high response received for some vacancies, we regret that we are sometimes unable to reply to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
Please note, you will be asked to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information on this position, please contact Claire or Ellie at Adore Recruitment.
Adore Commercial is part of the Adore Recruitment group and specialises in commercial recruitment across the UK. Some of our key sectors include Office/Admin, Accounts, Customer Service/Call Centre, Shipping/Logistics and B2C Sales. We are acting as an employment business/agency.