Logistics Administrator £22,000 - £24,000 Permanent Shift work 4 days 2 days and 2 nights Newport
Your new company
Hays are working on behalf of a reputable manufacturing business on the outskirts of Newport that are looking for an experienced Logistics Administrator on a permanent basis. They are a company that is rapidly expanding and looking for team members that are self starters
Your new role
This is a company that are looking for someone to assist with all aspects of the after sales process reporting directly to the customer service manager. The role will be varied and busy having involvement in all aspects of the after sales, customer service, order fulfilment and delivery process as well as Reception duties and front of house. The individual will be the link between sales and the after sales team. We are looking for someone to assist both the sales department and logistics, reporting to the sales manager (line manager) and working with the head of logistics. A background in trucking or the transport industry would be useful in this role. The role will be varied and busy having involvement in all aspects of the sales and delivery process. The individual will be part of a team that is the link between sales and the after sales team.
- Working with the haulage and dispatch manager.
- Undertaking general admin and office work.
- Assisting with delivery paper work using sage- sending paper work to site staff and customers.
- Liaise with site staff- keep a morning checklist.
- Work with logistics manager to track any late collections Haulage quotes for the sales team
- Keeping a transport matrix
- Updating and finding potential new haulage contacts
- Managing the Service & Maintenance schedule for the boilers as well as breakdowns including booking in service and repairs and tracking progress
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will be experienced in using all manner of Microsoft Office including Outlook and be generally IT literate. You must be experienced in using Excel. You must have previous experience working within Customer Services within an office environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.