Locum Qualified Social Worker - Safeguarding Children’s Team - North Tyneside
Aurora Resourcing are working closely with a local authority in North Tyneside, a borough in Tyne and Wear in the North-East of England close to the city of Newcastle upon Tyne to recruit a Qualified Social Worker within their Safeguarding Children’s Team. The post would be well-suited to those willing to travel to/within the area, as you will be working within a reputable team striving to make a difference to the lives of children and young people.
- Your main focus will be on helping children and their families to cope with social, emotional and environmental problems so they can live their lives as fully as possible in the community.
- You will hold an allocated caseload of complex cases to protect vulnerable children, manage risk effectively, strengthen emotional resilience, and address underlying causes impacting negatively on their development through interventions with children and their families.
- You will aim to develop positive, trusting, relationships with children and their families to achieve positive change and with other professionals to promote collaborative working.
- You will work in an integrated multi-disciplinary manner to ensure the service meets, as effectively and efficiently as possible, the identified best possible outcomes for children and young people and their families. You will undertake court work and report writing.
- You’ll need relevant qualifications and a good understanding of the systems and processes that enable the protection of children and look after the best interests of their families.
- This is a position for a Qualified Social worker with proven experience working within a similar team.
- You must be HCPC registered.
- Practice working within a Safeguarding Children’s Team.
- Full UK driver’s licence and access to a vehicle
If you would like to find out more about the position, then please contact Jay @ Aurora Resourcing