RIG Healthcare are currently recruiting for an Acute Band 6 Locum Occupational Therapist.
The candidate requires strong surgical/medical experience.
This role will require someone able to handle palliative care and care of those with complex and chronic conditions.
• To work as an autonomous practitioner, managing a caseload of patients, developing programmes of treatment for a specialized patient group. Using clinical reasoning skills evidence based practice and critical and reflective thinking, to assess, plan, implement and evaluate OT interventions.
• To carry out activities of daily living with the aim of increasing patients function, mobility, and independence using specialist skills, facilitatory methods, compensatory techniques and adaptive equipment.
• To carry out home visits, assess, supply and fit equipment, liaise with the multi-disciplinary team, statutory and voluntary agencies in the community to facilitate discharge from hospital.
• To provide specialist advice to other professionals within the hospital and the community on the management of patients and their ongoing needs.
• To maintain a flexible, patient centered approach to service delivery at all times. This will include working unsociable hours/ seven day working where deemed essential for optimal patient care and service delivery.
Please send CVs to or call
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job