LOCUM CONSULTANT RHEUMATOLOGIST
Main Purpose of Role
The role will provide exciting opportunities for an enthusiastic candidate to work as a Consultant in Rheumatology in an expanding service. We are looking for a candidate to share our passion and to drive forward changes for the care of our rheumatology patients.
Key aspects include
• Provide remote specialist Rheumatology clinical support/ advice to the Community Rheumatology Clinical staff
• Provide on-site clinical supervision to the Rheumatology Nurse Consultant(s)
• To liaise where needed with Secondary Care Rheumatology colleagues if the Nursing team requires support
• Advise on any Clinical Governance related issues in relation to Rheumatology in this service
• To contribute to the ongoing development of rheumatology services for the local population across East Kent
• To participate in some training and educational activities, teaching, continuing medical education and maintaining clinical excellence within the service.
• To remotely support Nursing and AHP Rheumatology staff to ensure excellent and safe clinical care is offered to patients and support ongoing clinical work being undertaken by the department
• Provide a remote opinion at the request of clinical staff in the service on patient scenarios as needed
• To participate where possible and agreed by both parties, in development or other activities involving Connects national Rheumatology department.
Leadership & Governance
• Work with colleagues ensure a comprehensive rheumatology service for Connect and ensure that the highest standards of care are achieved
• Work with colleagues in advising on developing service delivery pathways and practice including a forward looking innovative practice
• Advise on the development of and review of relevant clinical standards
• Clinical supervision of Consultant staff via a combination of telephone, Skype and face to face
• Conribute to review and audit of service including clinical outcomes
• Advise on the content of Quaterly Governance / Performance report to the CCG/ Connect Clinical Governance Group
• Advise on management of any clinical incidents or complaints related to the service
• Provide teaching within the department as agreed by all parties
Medical Registration and Specialist Accreditation
• Take responsibility for personal and professional development and ensure that CME standards are achieved, and specialist accreditation retained
• To complete annual appraisal related to Rheumatology practice and evidence this
• To maintain registration and revalidation with the General Medical Council and evidence this
• To maintain appropriate Medical Indemnity and evidence this
The duties of this post may be subject to variation from time to time following consultation with the post holder.
Health & Safety
It is the general duty of every employee to take reasonable care for the health and safety of him/herself and others (including patients). This may involve the wearing of suitable protective clothing and footwear, and to co-operate with the management in meeting its responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act. Any failures to take such care or any contraventions of safety or managerial instructions may result in Disciplinary action being taken.
All staff are required to respect confidentiality of all matters that they may learn relating to their employment, other members of staff and the general public and will be required to confirm their compliance with relevant codes of conduct.
This post is subject to an enhanced level of DBS disclosure
- Clinical Excellence
- Clinical Care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"