Venn Group's specialist legal team are excited to be recruiting for a Locum Childcare Paralegal to join a Local Authority in the Northern Home Counties.
This position is offered on a full-time locum basis with a predicted contract length of at least 3 months with possibility of further extension. Experience of working with a Local Authority would be advantageous and candidates should be able to demonstrate practical experience in childcare matters. Candidates with a background in private practice dealing with public childcare/family matters will also be considered.
The main duties for the role are as follows:
- Preparing documentation in relation to legal proceedings including care proceedings, other Children Act 1989 proceedings, Court of Protection proceedings, and non-school attendance prosecutions
- To conduct non-contentious proceedings such as discharge of care order proceedings under the supervision of the Team Leader
- Advising on legal and procedural matters under the supervision of the Team Leader
- Preparing and requesting witness statements
- Liaising with the Courts and other stakeholders
- Attending Court hearings and meetings with lawyers
- Providing support to the Team Leader, Social Care and Education Team in regards to general queries, research and case preparation
- Recording time worked to charge out to clients
- To comply with Lexcel practice management procedures and to endorse and implement client care policies
The position is offering an attractive rate of between £15 and £25 per hour dependent on experience.
To apply for this role, please contact Hannah Fritz - Lewis or Philippa Turner on . Alternatively, please send your CV to
We look forward to your application.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job