ID Medical is looking for qualified Biomedical Scientist Blood Transfusion in Southwest, England. As an expert in your field, you will be responsible:
- To co-ordinate and participate in the routine processing of all pathology specimens and issue of blood components; and to allocate work to the other BMS and MLA staff to ensure a smooth workflow.
- To ensure that for each sample the appropriate requested investigations are performed in a timely manner.
- To ensure that specialised and urgent specimens are appropriately dealt with.
- To liaise with the NHSBT reference laboratories and clinicians for the follow-up of specialist investigations or the provision or compatible blood components for patients with complicated serology.
- To ensure timely and accurate reporting of manual work results with correct follow-up including input of additional testing requirements, correct report comments, future testing instructions and patient special blood component requirements into the computer system.
All applicants must be GPhC registered and have at least 6 months NHS experience.
The tangible benefits of working with ID Medical:
ID Medical School with CPD - accredited education programmes for medical professionals
- Free BLS & PLS course
- 24 hour support service
- Discounted CPD accredited courses
- Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
- UK's leading Revalidation service for doctors, attested "Excellent" by NHS England
The ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme also allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, our award-winning team at ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
- Locum Biomedical Scientist
- Biomedical Scientist Blood Transfusion
- Locum Biomedical Scientist Blood Transfusion
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job