Caritas Mind are currently seeking a Band 8a Modern Matron for a long term locum contract based within the Hertfordshire remit.
This role is currently advertised as Monday - Friday - 37.5 hours per week covering the entire county, therefore a car driver is required for this role.
The Modern Matron will:
- Provide strong leadership and line management to ward managers and team leaders within the multidisciplinary team (MDT)
- Work within the Modern Matrons Charter to ensure good standards of infection control, privacy and dignity, cleanliness and health and safety.
- Be responsible for the professional management of the clinical environment, allocating and providing sufficient resources and opportunities to deliver person centred nursing care, involving service users and carers.
- To ensure the environment is conducive to recovery and the development of independence.
- To supervise and critically evaluate the clinical management of a ward or service area as applicable.
- To develop measures to monitor the provision of therapeutic activities, emotional support and stability to service users to ensure effective engagement whilst maintaining professional boundaries.
- To develop measures to ensure that customs, individuality, sexuality and spiritual beliefs are respected.
- To create, develop and maintain professional, supportive relationships with all members of staff and with other professionals and agencies.
- To manage and provide strategic leadership to Team Leaders and the multi disciplinary clinical team.
- To be responsible for the management and development of a designated clinical environment, allocating and providing sufficient resources and opportunities to deliver person-centred nursing care involving service users and carers.
- To ensure compliance by self and staff of the Trust's standing orders, standing financial instructions, policies, procedures and guidelines, including taking all reasonable steps to manage and promote a healthy and diverse working environment.
- Registered Mental Health Nurse/Occupational Therapist/Social Worker
- Valid registration with NMC/HCPC
- 2 years experience working at Band 8a or above
- 5 years experience working at Band 7 or above
- Car Driver
- DBS on update service
- Full immunisation history
- Updated manditory training
If you do not have a current DBS or require updates on your manditory training we are able to organise this for you, however this could delay your application.
For more information and a full Job Description please contact David at Caritas Mind.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job