We provide a range of environments for those who need extra support to live independently, from young people and those with disabilities, to the elderly in extra care schemes. Our strength lies in the quality of our people and we employ those who share our aims.
Local Service Manager – Tier 2
Covering Pennefather Court, Croft Road, Aylesbury and Tring Road, Aylesbury
£35,616 per annum (rising to £37,491 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
37.5 hours per week
Why work for us?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services and floating support. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and people with mental health needs.
We are looking for an experienced Registered Manager (or someone who will register) to build the quality of our Pennefather Court service. Pennefather Court is a residential care home for 14 adults with physical disabilities. You will also cover our Tring Road scheme, which provides supported housing for adults with mental health conditions.
Click here to view more information about Pennefather Court
The role of Local Service Manager will include:
- Overseeing the overall delivery of care, through the management of staff and liaison with the Area Service Manager
- Building the quality of the service
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients, and rliaising with statutory and voluntary partners
Skills and experiences:
- With previous experience of working in a managerial role within a similar service, you will be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal, leadership and problem solving skills
- You will have experience of working in a person centered way supporting service users to maximise opportunities for personal development
- Travel is a requirement of the role; therefore a full, current driving licence and access to your own vehicle, or the ability to travel nationally is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to a maximum of 30 days after 5 years service (plus public holidays)
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the full job profile click here
Closing Date: 23 March 2018
Interviews to be held: 29 March 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.