Local Land Charges Officer
~ Local Land Charges Officer ~
Spencer Clarke Group are working in partnership with St.Helens Borough Council to appoint a Local Land Charges Officer to their Place Services.
3 months agency contract with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
Hours – Full Time Position. (37 hours)
Location – Merseyside, WA10 1HF.
Rate of Pay - £11.50+ per hour – Negotiable depending on experience.
About the Role;
To maintain the Local Authority land charges register in accordance with statutory requirements, undertaking associated enquiries using NLIS and other databases as required.
- Maintain and update the local land charges register in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Process and reply to LLC1 and CON29 search enquiries submitted by solicitors and private companies on properties throughout the St Helens Borough.
- Create accounts for private search companies and assist them with utilising the Personal Search Explorer database, monitoring search agents accessing the system to search the relevant properties requested and ensuring they have submitted and completed the search forms correctly, and assist them with their enquiries.
- Liaise with St Helens Borough Council regarding highways and common land registry enquiries and identify and resolve any anomalies in the search replies in relation to these.
- Liaise with Solicitors on the progress of searches and deal with follow up queries once the search results are received back by the solicitor.
- Liaise with internal client departments to ensure that all information relating to a particular property/land site is recorded onto appropriate systems and with the legal section to clarify the requirements of planning obligations.
- Bring to the attention of the Land Charges Manager any anomalies/unusual information found on any submitted search paperwork; either via the National Land Information System computer system or received externally.
- Eligibility to work in the UK. (Passport etc.)
- Reference Contact Details covering the last two years of employment. (Names, Numbers and Email Addresses)
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- As a First Tier Supplier across many local authorities nationwide, you will have access to jobs earlier than other agencies.
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please send a copy of your most recent CV to and contact Dane on as soon as possible.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'