Local Development/Project Officer
12 month Fixed-Term Contract
£40,000-£45,000 + Benefits
Our client, an innovative, not for profit organisation within the energy sector is currently on the look out for a Local Development Officer to join their established team based in Bridgend, with one day of the week spent in Birmingham. This varied role would involve working closely with key stakeholders and delivering the company’s local energy and low-carbon projects and activities with the support on Bridgend County Borough Council.
An ideal candidate will have experience managing and delivering low-carbon and energy related projects within the public sector, as well as strong stakeholder and relationship management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the development and delivery of Bridgend County Borough Council’s (BCBC) energy plans
- Identifying and developing innovation opportunities/projects, and ensuring the connection between the company, BCBC and the Welsh Government
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, and understanding their needs and requirements
- Assisting in securing national and local funding for further projects and facilitating procurement requirements
- Supporting the company’s Home Energy Service Gateway field trials in BCBC
- Engaging with future energy service providers and engaging the local community
- Attending regular meeting of the company’s programme at both BCBC and other organisations offices, and developing reports/presentations for potential stakeholders and partners
Skills and Experiences:
- Previous experience of delivering local energy projects
- Project development and project team experience
- Relevant qualification (either degree or equivalent level qualification) or relevant industry experience
- Experience of working in a Local Authority (or similar) with a track record of influencing at all levels
- Strong networking skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships (public and private sector partners)
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to take ownership of own work and manage workload effectively
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic company working at the forefront of their industry. If you feel this could the right opportunity for you email your CV or call for more information.
- Problem Solving
- Public Sector