Job Title: Local Authority Housing Officer
We are looking for someone who has Council/Local Authority experience to support the development and implementation of the Council's housing-related strategies, policies and initiatives, often in partnership with a wide range of external organisations and groups.
Note that this role is initially for three months but may extend longer depending on on-going staffing resources within the department.
Start date is flexible but ASAP.
- Experience of housing management applied in a multi-cultural environment
- Able to manage a complex workload and demonstrate experience of using the various tools to deal with tenancy breaches.
- The experience of consistently delivering to agreed objectives.
- Knowledge of current housing and public sector issues.
- Able to balance the needs of all key stakeholders and the ability to explain complex decisions taken by the service in a clear and concise manner.
- Creative thinking and ability to persuade influence and convince others.
- High level of IT skills working with a data base and software applications to produce letters and reports effectively
- Prioritises work, manages own time productively and identifies areas requiring attention, in order to achieve targets
- Knows what needs to be done and gets on and does it - uses initiative. Strong written, verbal and presentation skills and ability to promote the Council.
- Doesn’t make assumptions, listens carefully and makes every effort to help customers to understand the advice and information given.
- Recognises confidential and sensitive information and handles discreetly and with tact.
- Looks to resolve complaints effectively at the earliest opportunity.
- Seeks feedback from the customer and responds positively.
- Placing the needs of the customer at the core of all activities by demonstrating customer involvement and customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate proactivity and positivity as integral elements of style and approach.
For this position, all candidates must have a DBS that is on the update Service and must also be able to produce references for the last 5 years.
- Public Sector
- Housing Management