Carefirst Recruitment Ltd are currently seeking an experienced Business Support Officer with excel skills. The successful applicant will be working within the local authority and will play an integral role in helping the department to achieve their objectives.
Purpose of job:
To assist the Business support manager in providing information regarding the departments' budgets. This will include:
- Working with other officers and managers to maintain and improve the effective local financial and management information systems
- Assisting in the review of whether services provided by both finance staff and internal/external contractors are:
- To contribute to the operation of the Business Support function, in accordance with the Division’s annual business plan, Scheme of delegation.
- To assist in the provision of the highest quality service in line with the Council’s vision and values
What We Provide
- Friendly and Caring Staff at Carefirst
- Pension Scheme
- Holiday Pay
- Quick Start Date
- Full and part time hours available on rota basis
- Feeling valued, supported, recognize
- To check compliance with the Council’s overall regulatory framework; including finance, property, and personnel issues. To make recommendations on changes needed under the supervision and guidance of a professional member of staff.
- To assist in training as necessary to ensure best practice for new starters, temporary staff, and colleagues where applicable.
- To assist with projects and report on outcomes directly to professional staff, including the Business Support Manager.
- To assist in the provision of technical advice and support to senior management on all financial and associated issues, under the guidance and supervision of a senior member of staff.
- To attend Divisional Working parties as directed. To take a supporting role, as the line manager considers appropriate, on all financial issues emanating from these discussions.
- To help ensure the effective delivery of financial and related services supplied to the Council by a third party or by an in-house supplier. To take the appropriate action to improve the value for money obtained by the Council from those suppliers, under the guidance and supervision of a senior member of staff.
- To research and obtain information to assist in decision-making.
- To assist in the processing of various transactions as directed by the Business Support Manager.
- To assist the business support manager in relation to Health and safety and Facilities Management.
- To assist the Business Support Manager in organizing events-e.g. Long service awards, staff events.
- To support the Business Support Manager in the processing of all financial transactions and the maintenance of financial systems. To ensure regular reviews of the accuracy of such transactions and of the effectiveness of systems.
- To liaise directly with relevant Team, Service & Divisional Managers within the department, ensuring the quality of data, production of monitoring reports for scrutiny and statistical data to support the service.
- To maintain good partnership relationships with external and internal service providers.
- To procure goods and services in line with the council’s procurement code.
All successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check and five years checkable work history.
Please do not apply for this position if you don't have the above requirements or if you have no experience working for a local authority.
- General Administration