Living Life Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
Salary Band: Band 6 - £27,635
Hours: 22.5 hours
Duration: Fixed Term/Secondment opportunity with the potential to last for up to 12 months
Job Reference No: 18/091
The Living Life service offers support through Guided Self-help and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. The service operates a self-referral care pathway however; we also receive referrals from health and social care professionals.
Living Life is a free service, offering therapy over the phone for anyone over 16 years of age experiencing:
• low mood
• mild to moderate depression
Patients will be offered an initial assessment appointment by either a Mental Health Practitioner or Cognitive Behavioural Therapist and following this if clinically appropriate, the individual will be offered a series of telephone support sessions with either a Guided Self help Coach or Therapist.
The ideal post holder will take forward a number of key areas of responsibility, including the following areas:
• To provide Cognitive Behaviour Therapy in line with national clinical guidance, via the telephone for patients with mental health and well-being difficulties.
• To apply specialist knowledge and expertise in the application of evidence-based psychological interventions and assessments
• To demonstrate effective caseload management and skills in determining priorities and the effective managing of resource allocation
To be successful in this role applicants must be able to demonstrate the following essential criteria within their application:
• Have an appropriate professional background, and be a registered practitioner with the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy.
• Have experience of working with individuals who have experienced common mental health problems preferably within a primary care mental health setting.
• Have training and significant post qualification experience in psychological therapies relevant to the post.
In addition it would be desirable (but not essential) for the post holder to be able to demonstrate the following in their application:
• Knowledge of health and social work legislation and its practice in relation to clinical area
• The ability to select and implement clinical guidelines to ensure best practice and evidence based interventions
• Evidence of continued professional development and a commitment to ongoing continued professional development relevant to area of practice.
The post will be based in NHS 24’s West Coast of Scotland Contact Centre, Golden Jubilee Hospital, Clydebank. Please note the post is based within a Contact Centre Environment and the successful candidate(s) will be required to work there.
The post holder will be required to work flexibly on rotas built to suit the opening hours of the service which are 1pm-9pm Monday to Friday.
All informal queries can be directed to Marie Waterson, Operational Manger or Paula Shiels, Senior Nurse for Mental Health, Learning Disabilities and Adult Protection
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'