We are looking for graduates from livestock, farming and agricultural disciplines to join a livestock business in South Wales. Degrees in Agriculture, Dairy Science and Farm Management (or similar) are all relevant subjects, and any placement or working experience taken in a livestock farming environment is hugely beneficial.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a fresh graduate from an agricultural discipline, or a person experienced in livestock handling, to join a well-established business at the beginning of a lucrative career path.
My client are a major international meat manufacturer. They own a large production facility based in Mid Glamorgan, South Wales, and are responsible for several household brand items.
They are offering an opportunity to train with them as a Livestock Buyer. You will learn how to source good quality livestock and provide support to key accounts. You will also have the opportunity to travel for work, both around the UK and overseas, where you will meet with farmers, as well as assisting the company with marketing events.
The right candidate will have - alongside a degree or relevant farming experience - a clean driving license with the ability and willingness to undertake travel when required. IT literacy is a must - experience with Microsoft Excel and any databasing software is ideal. Communication is key to this role, so applicants should also have strong written and verbal skills, and be able to demonstrate good attention to detail.
Trainee Buyers will be expected to:
- Coordinate the responsible sourcing, rearing and transport of livestock, ensuring a continuous supply in line with the company's production plans.
- Provide key account support to suppliers and to encourage the efficient and effective management of the procurement cycle.
- Contribute to the capture, analysis and reporting of data relating to sourcing procedures and supplier performance.
- Liaise with customers, suppliers, hauliers and industry/regulatory bodies to ensure the effective operations of your department.
- Support the delivery of customer-facing marketing and events programmes.
To be successful, the ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive practical experience of beef/sheep farming or red meat processing; OR,
- Achieved a degree or equivalent qualification in a farming/agricultural discipline.
- Own a current and clean UK driving license.
- Strong IT literacy, with experience of databases, MS Excel, or CRM systems.
- Possess excellent verbal communication skills, particularly on the telephone.
- Have strong organisational skills, especially with regards to efficient data and filing systems.
- Any administrative/clerical employment would be desirable, but not required.
Working hours are between 8:30 and 17:00, Monday to Friday. The role offers £25K base salary.
If you are interested, please forward your CV to Harley Dalton at D R Newitt Recruitment in Manchester.
- Communication Skills
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'