We are currently working with a world-renowned technology company who are looking for an Operations Engineer to be the technical presence and oversee the delivery of their live streaming service.You will be part of the live playback team, ensuring the successful acquisition of the video signal from the live venue to the customers device.
• Be the technical owner within the operation centre and oversee the end to end delivery of the live content and linear services.
• Assist with the on-going monitoring and support of the linear platforms on the PV platform.
• Help develop and maintain suitable monitoring tools and the presentation of these tools in the operation centre.
• Work closely with technical teams to evaluate, specify and recommend the best operational methodologies possible as to deliver the best customer experience.
• Act as an interface between the forward-facing operational team and the Live Ops Engineer and Ops Manager and be an active voice in seeking the best solutions for the operation centre.
• Evaluate and recommend best operational practices and standards within the operation centre.
• Live streaming experience or experience is a similar production environment
• Knowledge of the UNIX/Linux operating system and system administration
• Knowledge of networking concepts preferable
• Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
• Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence.
• Understanding of HLS, DASH, DRM, Smooth, h.264, h.265 video streaming and encoding technologies (preferable)
• Knowledge of encoding software
Please note due to the high volume of candidates we can only reply to successful candidates.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'