Our client is looking for a Live-In Supervisor to oversee and be a natural support arm to the young adults who live on site in their Hastings group home.
The Live-In Supervisor will accommodate and live on site, they will have no utility or rent bills to pay. The accommodation, parking and food is all provided.
This is a full time, permanent position with a salary of £19-20K which is dependent on experience.
The Live-In Supervisor will be required to work evenings and weekends with the main responsibility being to be oversee and be responsible for supporting the safety and well-being of the young adults, ensuring they are supported where necessary and encouraged to participate in activities/trips.
- Responsible for the young adults physical, personal, social, moral and spiritual welfare and development.
- Encourage academic and broader educational development.
- Ensuring the efficient and appropriate use of boarding facilities and equipment.
- Implement the organisations policies generally and, in particular, ensure adherence to the Policies on accommodation, Safeguarding and Health and Safety.
- Liaise as necessary with other colleagues and with external persons and agencies.
- Set and maintain a positive tone; a friendly but purposeful ethos and high standards in the Home areas in accordance with the organisations Principles and Practice.
- Maintain good order and adequate supervision of boarders at all times.
- Create and maintain an environment in which it is pleasant to live within for the young adults, which is conducive both to each of the individuals academic and personal development generally.
- Ensure the smooth operation of effective routines.
- Responsible for Health and Safety within the home.
- Act in serious emergencies, even when not 'on duty’.
- Help to maintain complete and up-to-date files on the young adults, ensuring that all relevant information is passed promptly, and all relevant documents copied systematically, to those who need to know ensuring the young adults are engaged in the appropriate activity at the appropriate time.
- Liaise with other colleagues as required.
- Liaise as necessary with parents and guardians.
- Ensure that all required administration is completed according to procedures.
- Receive, and act appropriately on: telephone calls, emails and other communications.
- Ensure that assigned events are manages and run effectively.
- Overseeing the lives of young adults and providing a somewhat parent like figure presence within the home.
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom they are responsible for and also in contact with.
- Encourage the young adults to complete homework, and activities.
- Ensure that meetings with management and Safeguarding Officers are attended.
Qualification’s Skills and Experience
- DBS / Criminal Record Check Clearance required.
- Experience in a similar position preferred but not essential.
- Caring and supportive nature.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to provide a 'parenting like’ support.
- Ability to find solutions in a calm and professional manner.
- Be flexible and enthusiastic.
- Communication Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Similar experience