We are currently recruiting for a Litigator for the Housing department of a law firm in Manchester.
- To demonstrate an excellent understanding of the technical issues involved in dealing with housing (and dis-repair) cases
- To demonstrate an excellent understanding of local authority landlord issues
- To have an excellent working knowledge of housing disputes and relevant case law
- To demonstrate the ability to take on individual responsibility within the context of a team environment
- To demonstrate commercial awareness and a proactive approach to all aspects of work
- To demonstrate strong decision making skills
- Be able to achieve financial targets on a monthly and annual basis and to contribute to the profitability of the team as a whole
- To demonstrate excellent communication skills including client awareness and client care
- To demonstrate an ability to manage risk
- To operate in line with both internal and external compliance standards
- Maintains strong relationships with both internal colleagues and external customers and agencies.
- Handle a large volume of dis-repair cases
- Working with a computerised case management system - PROCLAIM
- Managing a high and varied caseload
- Working to targets and deadlines
- Providing both a quality and speedy service to internal & external clients and referrers
- Working to service level agreements
- Understand and embrace the concept of "excellent customer service" coupled with "urgency to get things done".
Job knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Excellent working knowledge of Housing Law
- Proven track record of dealing with disrepair cases
- Excellent drafting capabilities of court documents/witness statements/instructions to counsel without supervision
- Excellent knowledge of current case law affecting housing disputes
- Proven track record of dealing and liaising with landlords, local authorities and similar organisations in relation to resolving of housing disputes
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent fact finding skills
- Assertiveness and a determination to "get things done"
- Good customer service skills
- Good organisational & interpersonal skills
- Good oral communication skills
- Be PC literate having a basic knowledge of the Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Be a good 'People' person and work well as part of a team.
- A working knowledge of PROCLAIM would be an advantage
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.
ACS Recruitment Consultants Ltd ()are the market leader within Legal Recruitment and we specialise in the placement of Qualified Solicitors, Legal Executives, Paralegals, Legal Secretaries and Support Staff at all levels.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job