Litigation Solicitor NQ NEW ROLE
Your new company
An excellent opportunity with a leading national and fully serviced award winning law firm has arisen in Belfast for a Litigation solicitor to join their Financial Services Disputes team.
Solicitors approaching NQ level this September and those that have gained PQE up to 5YRs in litigation will be considered
The firm employ over 1000 people with 110 partners across 6 offices in all 3 UK jurisdictions and are described as an 'energetic ambitious firm' with an 'open minded entrepreneurial culture' and have been named as a 'first class' employer by Best Companies.
You will receive bespoke training coupled with a transparent progression process ensuring you do not encounter any glass ceilings; ensuring you are promoted on merit. You will also receive a competitive remuneration package including access to an extensive flexible benefits programme.
Your new role
Reporting to Partners you will undertake a range of commercial litigation work including a significant volume of professional negligence cases, acting for a number of lenders.
You will be a central part of the team's growth plans across all areas of litigation and other dispute resolution practice undertaken with the intention of providing in due course a full spectrum of litigation support to clients, ensuring that a full-service commercial offering is available to clients.
As a successful FS Disputes Solicitor you will deliver the following:
- Manage your own varied caseload, drive these through to completion and understand the strategic importance of each case in a wider context.
- You will lead business development initiatives to maximising new clients within the professional negligence arena, whilst cross selling effectively to existing clients.
- You will manage, supervise and mentor a team of solicitors and paralegals. You will manage each individual's personal performance ensuring their career development goals are being met and the firm continues to maintain a low employee turnover.
What you'll need to succeed
The firm is looking for a talented solicitor, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. As the successful FS Disputes Solicitor you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Solicitor's approaching NQ Level in September and those that have gained PQE in Litigation up to 5 YRs in a regional or national/international firm.
- A litigation heavy background is essential, in particular commercial litigation. Property-related litigation will also be an advantage but is not essential provided there is good commercial experience. Good knowledge of professional negligence work is highly desirable - as a minimum reasonable familiarity is required.
- You will need to be familiar and have considerable experience of advising on claims arising out of tort and contract. This will include a good grasp of the key professional negligence legal principles of causation, mitigation and contributory negligence.
- You should be driven, ambitious and flexible. It is also a distinct advantage if you have acted for corporate clients in the past, in particular financial services entities.
What you'll get in return
A very competitive remuneration package including access to an extensive flexible benefits programme, bespoke training coupled with a transparent progression process ensuring you do not encounter any glass ceilings.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. if you are looking for a new legal opportunity in Ireland or a specific UK location, we have a strategic office network spanning Ireland and the UK, a team of specialist legal recruitment consultants that can assist you with your search. Please contact Patrick McDonald today If you would like more detail on this job or for a confidential discussion on your legal career
- Litigation Solicitor
- Financial Services Solciitor
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"