Job Title: Paralegal - Litigation (IP)
Team: Dispute Resolution
Description: 3-month fixed term contract with potential to extend
Our client offers the highest quality of legal services, providing a diverse team that go far and beyond for each individual client. This is an international Law Firm who employ more than 800 people with over 500 lawyers, offering companies and individuals a variety of legal and related services.
- Typing and amending attendance notes, letters, faxes presentations and other documents as required, using Microsoft Office and the DMS.
- Photocopying, faxing and filing
- To transcribe audio dictation and copy type letters, memos and reports and to prepare signed correspondence for despatch.
- To regularly, frequently and accurately maintain and update correspondence and other filing.
- To maintain confidentiality in respect of those matters which are commercially sensitive or secret.
- Liaising with other departments where required.
- Maintaining client contact details on CRM (Interaction) database.
- Preparation of monthly bills.
- Checking for monies on account to see whether bills have been paid.
- To work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Providing support as required by the fee-earners and working with other secretaries/paralegals in the Department.
- Liaising with clients in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
- Ideally LPC/BPTC qualified or equivalent
- Excellent organisational skills
- Pro-active and takes initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Personable and confident, able to build relationships with partners/ key stakeholders
- Resilient and calm under pressure
- Adaptable and flexible approach
- Experience working in Trade Marks or IP as a paralegal ideal
- Proficiency in MS Packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer
- Experience with Document Management Systems is an advantage
- Ability to effectively manage own workload