Responsible for managing a portfolio of regulated mortgage loans through the litigation process from pre action through to enforcement and beyond, ensuring the best outcome for the customer.
- Account management of a caseload of mortgage loans that have been through the collections process and are now entering the litigation and recovery team.
- Achieve resolution to the default or arrears position of the accounts within the portfolio through a workout strategy which will include litigation.
- Pro-actively communicating with customers via all contact channels to fully understand their circumstances and explore the different solutions to reach the best outcome.
- Liaise with third party solicitors throughout the litigation process to ensure accounts are progressed suitably and expediently to minimise costs for the borrower and losses to the client
- Represent the team in discussing the exit strategies for the accounts with the Clients directly and seeking appropriate approval where necessary.
- Prioritise accounts by identifying the risks and progress strategy accordingly.
- Accountable for creating new strategies in the working out of accounts to achieve the correct balance between asset realisation and customer outcome.
- Equally responsible for the teams performance, assisting colleagues where necessary to mitigate any breach in SLAs and ensuring high level of performance across the department.
- Ensuring all legal and regulatory requirements are understood and adhered to.
• Legal degree
• Excellent communication - written and verbal
• Analytic thinker and trouble shooter
• Flexible and adaptable in attitude
• Experience in using Microsoft Office packages
• Previous financial services experience
• Paralegal experience advantageous
• Attention to Detail
• Results focussed
• Technical awareness
• Economic trend awareness
• Comfortable working in a regulated environment
• Negotiator and influencer
At Link we believe our people are our most important asset. We offer excellent career progression opportunities, ongoing training and development. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, want your talent to be recognised and rewarded and are looking for a new challenge then we would love to hear from you.
Together we achieve: We are an inclusive employer whose people work collaboratively. We are building a culture where difference is valued. We are doing this by encouraging, supporting and valuing the various talents and perspectives of our people and supporting flexible ways of working. We know that diversity drives innovation and innovation drives growth. Be part of the Link Group journey and together we will achieve our full potential.
We treat all individuals fairly and equitably and do not discriminate on the basis of diverse characteristics including, but not limited to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, cultural background, physical abilities/disabilities, religious or political belief, marital or family status or carers responsibilities.
Candidates must have the relevant work rights to be considered for an opportunity at Link Group. Successful applicants will be required to complete background screening prior to commencement of employment.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'