New opportunity not to be missed! CDL has an exciting opportunity for a Linux Team Lead to join the team based in Stockport. You will be on a full time, permanent contract with a competitive salary.
CDL is one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a strong track record in the high volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. CDL has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
There is also a subsidised restaurant and a games room. We have built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you are always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
The Role as our Linux Team Lead
We are currently experiencing exciting growth, and are looking for a Linux Team Lead to join the Web Services Team. Web Services team supports an on-premise web estate mainly Linux environments. This is changing rapidly as we progress further in our quest towards cloud-based technologies. There is a heavy slant towards automation; with the proposed & new solutions being automated, stored as infrastructure as code.
In this role, you’ll act as a focal point for the web services team, driving technical & non-technical discussions across the wider technology teams across the business. You’ll lead, inspire, motivate, develop, and manage a team of Web Services Engineers, ensuring SLA’s are met, and high standards are maintained at all times, as well taking full ownership of projects, ensuring smooth delivery of application services.
Reporting into Application Services Manager, you’ll utilise your excellent technical knowledge and experience to proactively define & develop the environment and new ways of working, and be an expert at dealing with internal and external stakeholders on anything service related.
Requirements and Experience needed to become our Linux Team Lead
- Extensive experience of working with Linux/ Hosting
- Excellent influencing and communication skills.
- Demonstrable experience of working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven experience of leading a technology-based team is essential.
- A passion to explore technology solutions and drive innovation is essential.
- Technology based background is essential.
- Bachelors, preferably degree educated, in a related subject or equivalent career experience is essential.
- Knowledge of administration of RedHat products, especially RHEL 6 & 7
- Experience of Amazon Web Services
- Good understanding of DevOps
Benefits of becoming our Linux Team Lead
- Flexible hours
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday to start
- Social activities
- Dress down policy
- Tax free child care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Award nominated learning programmes
- Community projects
- Opportunities for career progression
If you’re a Lead, or IT Technical team lead with experience of Linux estates, Web hosting and automation, looking to for a new challenge then click 'apply’ today to become our Linux Team Lead! We’d love to hear from you!