Linux Systems Administrator
International software business is seeking a Linux Systems Administrator with good AWS skills.
As part of an expanding team, you will primarily involved in the day-to-day support and maintenance activities completed by the Infrastructure operational team and be the first point of contact for incidents and issues. Specifically you will:
- Work closely with the Infrastructure Support Team, Systems Architect, and the Infrastructure Manager to ensure technical Issues and projects are correctly logged and managed to the correct priority.
- Resolve technical Incidents affecting the performance and availability of our infrastructure in a prompt and timely manner.
- Manage multiple Support Incidents and assignments while maintaining a high level of quality
- Document technical issues, solutions and support information.
- Support client onboarding to ensure that required technical capacity is available and stable.
- Continuous improvement, maintenance and monitoring of infrastructure and its operational systems.
- Work as part of an On-Call Rota.
With strong Linux system administration skills and having previous AWS exposure, you will possess:
- The ability to prioritize workload including Incidents and Problems
- Automation and Scripting skills including use of a Scripting languages; Bash and Python etc
- An understanding of error messages and logs displayed by software
- A calm and logical approach during a critical event
- The ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and solve issues independently.
- Experience as part of a team supporting and maintaining an infrastructure.
- Experience in resolving high priority Incidents
- A Passion for technology
- Strong technical troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of platform and application automated deployment eg (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker etc) within an physical/AWS environment.
As a self-learner, with the ability to document learning as experience is gained, you will have a passion for technology and ideally have a keen interest in development, new technologies and innovation.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'