Linux/ Unix System Administrator
I am looking for a Linux/Unix System Administrator for a 12 month Fixed Term opportunity I have based in Milton Keynes..
The Linux/Unix Systems Administrator will be responsible for;
- The administration and support of Redhat Linux in a large, demanding, production environment on both physical and virtual platforms.
- You will need to have strong interpersonal and communication skills to be able to successfully interact with other support teams.
- You will also need a have good aptitude for learning and understanding new and different technologies as well as being self-motivated and displaying a conscientious approach to your work.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Redhat Linux on both a physical and virtual platform
- Experience with deploying, configuring and supporting Linux in a VMware environment
- Experience with automation tools (Ansible) and patching using Redhat Satellite
- Providing multiple levels of support to help resolve incidents and problem resolution
- Experienced in Problem tracking, Incident management and Change Management processes
- Experience working in a fast pace, pressured environment for large enterprise companies.
- Flexibility to support out of hours work where necessary
- Ability to manage your own time and workload independently and as a member of the team
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts, both verbally and in writing
- Must be self-motivated, independent and resourceful
- Understanding of large IT infrastructures and applications
- Experience with bash Shell and other Scripting languages
- Experience with Veritas Cluster Server or similar clustering technologies
The role will involve night shift supporting overnight BAU responsibilities and a Linux patching schedule
- Server Administration